We are following Public Health Officer guidelines:
* ALL business is by appointment only
* We are only accepting dog food & medication. No personal items.
* When you arrive, please wait in your vehicle for assistance and directions, to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
Change in Hours of Operation
As of June 1st, 2020, we will be closed at 5pm (from 6pm).
We ask that all pick-ups and drop-offs occur at least 30minutes prior to close.
Please note our rates will increase July 1, 2021 as per below
Welcome to Michael Lake Kennel...
The Main Kennel (for medium to large breed dogs) and The Cedar Village (house-trained small breed dogs). We specialize in facilitating play groups whereby the main socialization is with other dogs, as opposed to day care settings that focus 1:1 between staff and dog. Dogs who have separation anxiety are likely to be more content with a house-sitter, of which we can recommend several.
As our facilities are set up for companionship, we only accept dogs that are well socialized, up-to-date on vaccinations and are spayed/neutered. In The Main Kennel, each dog has a personal run and bedding area for eating and sleeping when they are not in an outdoor yard playing with others. We have a limited number of double-runs to accommodate groups of dogs from the same family; these are booked on a first-come first-served basis. Staff carefully screen and monitor playgroups as, unlike regular kennels where dogs stay in a run enclosure, we like to have dogs out playing with each other, in lieu of walks.
The Cedar Village is within our renovated farmhouse and each dog has a child-sized cedar house where they eat meals and rest when not socializing with others in an indoor playpen area or in a netted outdoor yard (for protection against local birds of prey). We do have the ability to pair dogs from the same family together in one cedar house.
Both areas have full washers and dryers and can accommodate all diets (we have refrigeration for raw food).
Are you ready to come play? We welcome you to schedule a tour and meet & greet!
* All dogs must wear a flat collar. Choke chains, pinch collars or other chain collars are not permitted, as they are dangerous during play
* All dogs must be on a leash during drop-off and pick-up as we have a busy parking lot and livestock that may be tempting to chase
*New* If your dog requires medication, you must complete a Medication Administration Chart and provide it to us.